Monday, March 2, 2009

Kennedy's 3rd birthday

Raegan The invite

The group

Give me cake already!


My birthday girl!!!
So....I waited until two weeks before her party date (2/28) to book the pavillion at the park. I waited so that I could check the 15 day weather forecast on accuweather.com. When I scheduled the party, the weather was to be "partly cloudy and 78". Starting Friday afternoon, it was windy and rainy. The party was scheduled for noon on Saturday, and between 7am Friday morning and 11:30am Saturday morning, I got nonstop text messages and phone calls "you know it's raining". Thanks for the heads up. I have no windows to look outside. *insert eye roll here*

I just prayed and prayed. We arrived at the park at 11:15 and went ahead and set up the party (luckily the tables are positioned under covered pavillions). Lo and behold, at 11:50 a.m., the rain abruptly stopped! Yippee!! I had the foresight to bring towels, and sent Raegan and Robert out to wipe off all the playground equipment. There were 3 or 4 other parties going on at the same time, and I got several "thank yous" for this. LOL

The kids had a BLAST!!! We combined our party with the girls' cousin's (Caden) party, as it was his 1st and we didn't want the family to have to choose between whose to attend. So there were quite a few people in attendance!! Cousin Megan (Caden's mom) made the cakes: a small blue one for Caden, a small pink one for Kiki, and a sheet cake decorated half in Cinderella and half in Cars. It was too cute and so delicious! Way to go, Megan!!

In lieu of goody bags, I brought a huge bag of bird seed and gave the kids little baggies full of bird seed to go feed the ducks (with strict instructions to do so far away from the pavillion!). They played, laughed, pitched several fits over nothing, ate grilled chili dogs and baked beans and chips, had cake and ice cream cones, and tons and tons of KoolAid Koolers and sodas.

Kennedy racked up on clothes, and also got several toys, and a new bedding set from Aunt Julie! After the party, we loaded up, headed for home, and everyone took a long nap (even though it was 4 in the afternoon).

Thankfully, God heard my prayers, the rain stopped and a good time was had by all!!











1 comment: