Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Return to Normalcy?!






So, after 4 solid months of nonstop cheerleading, the season has finally come to an end. Four days per week coaching cheer practice, 18 regular season cheerleaders ranging in age from 4 to 7, a competition squad of 8 (6 girls who were 4 years old and 2 who were 5!) and a full time job has meant that I have had ZERO life. However, with that being said, I wouldn't trade it for the world. My cheerleaders are my babies, including my own two girls.
These experiences with them are memories that we will share for always. When my girls are adults with children of their own, they will recall that their own mother (me) actually spent time with them, shared activities with them, cheered them on and had an established place in their activities. Not just dropped them off at activities or signed them up or just took vacations with them. Sacrificed time and money and an adult life in order to bond with them and have common memories. A mom who their friends love as well. What is more priceless than that?



I hope that my sacrifices are noticed. I hope that my children take these times and learn from them. Learn how to be a better parents, learn how to give instead of receive, learn what it means to be a role model and mentor.


And though the season has just now ended, I am already making plans for next year. I <3> my cheerleader babies.




No comments:

Post a Comment