Monday, January 19, 2009

Fabulous Weekend of Shopping

Thinking I found some great deals at clothing stores, boutiques, etc.? Nope, I'm referring to grocery shopping. It was fab!! I got together all the ads, circled the sale items that I wanted, googled for internet coupons that matched my sale items. I went to Walgreens first and got a free tube of Aquafresh toothpaste....99 cents and I had a dollar off coupon. Then hit Rite Aid for their Pull-Ups. On sale for $9.99, had a $2 off coupon. :) Food World was Friday. Went in, got just what was on my list. Found out in line that they double coupons up to 55 cents every day. Walked out of there with TWO buggies full of bags for a grand total of $63. I added up the original prices on my receipt when I got home and I had gotten $243 worth of food for $63. Yeah for me!! I decided to hit Winn Dixie up yesterday. They don't double coupons but I had a bunch to use. Bought another full basket of groceries, but this time it was meats, for $55!! Their whole chickens were BOGO, roast was BOGO, pork chops were BOGO. I shouldn't have to go shopping for food for awhile now....but I'm still going to be hitting up the drugstore ads. You can totally get stuff for free by matching their sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment